Monday, January 19, 2015

Bengals going hard after Washington LB

Braiden Beckman, a 2015 linebacker recruit from Kent, Washington, took an unofficial visit to Idaho State when the Bengals played Cal Poly.

The Dome was buzzing with a season-high crowd of 9,323 fans, and the Bengals knocked off the Mustangs in an emotional 30-28 victory. Beckman loved what he saw, and the 6-foot-2, 227-pound linebacker will make his official visit to Idaho State on Jan. 30, just a little less than a week before National Signing Day.

“I really liked the facilities. The Dome was sold out and it was rocking,” Beckman said. “It surprised me how friendly the players were when I went down on the field before the game. They were all family. It wasn’t like the offense was over here and the defense was over there.”

Beckman also enjoyed seeing a few guys he knew, like freshman wide receiver Michael Tate, freshman tight end Tate Razor and sophomore receiver KW Williams. Idaho State had 16 players from the state of Washington on its roster last season.

After compiling a school-record 165 tackles, three forced fumbles and two interceptions, Beckman was a member of the 2014 Associated Press Washington All-State football team. Beckman’s senior year followed a productive junior season when he piled up 148 tackles, two fumble recoveries and two interceptions.

As of now, Idaho State is Beckman’s lone Division I offer. He says he has been talking to other programs in the Big Sky such as Eastern Washington, Montana and Montana State.

“When I went down there, I was really comfortable,” Beckman said. “I want to see what the day in the life of an Idaho State football player is. I already know they’re a great team, and I’m going to have a great offense to backup my defense.”

No comments:

Post a Comment